Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day One- Glass Life Cycle

It's a hot day, like any other day, here at the beach. I am relaxing, or trying to, while all these people around me, step on me, move me into a pile, and splash me with water. I am usually fine with the feeling of being prodded by millions of people daily, but today was different. I heard news that just a few blocks away, a pile of sand was taken by a bulldozer yesterday. I fear that I will be next........
 It's nearly sunset now, and most of the beach bums have left. As I start to settle down and cool off from the hot sun, I hear men shouting and a loud noise of a machine coming towards me. Just like that I was ripped from my home and thrust into the back of a truck! Where am I going? What am I doing in here? Can someone get me out?!? I heard the roar of the truck's engine, and then we left. There would be no more hot summer days for me. I was off to be made into something new, I was sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment