Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day Three- Glass Life Cycle

I sat in the back of the truck for a day or two I guess. It was extremely uncomfortable and I felt crammed in there. I think I am being put in a furnace! Oh no! I guess I'll write back when I'm done.....
Jeez, 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit is way to hot for me! I am now molten glass and the factory workers are going to make me into a blown glass globe for someone's backyard! First I am put on this stick called a pipe, and I'm already in a bullet form. They roll me over a table called a marver so that I am smooth all around. Once they finished that, the man blew into the pipe at the opposite end of me, and created a bubble inside of me. Oh jeez! I think I'm getting sick! He keeps twirling me around and around! Now I'm back on the marver because the bubble started to go outside my bullet formation. I'm getting bigger and more round the more he twirls me. It has been nearly eight minutes already, and he has finally stopped twirling me! I am now being put into an Annealer where I will remain for a few days until I cool. I don't want any cracks so I'll write back when I'm all finished up!

No comments:

Post a Comment